2009-05-29

Header Background

If you want to have a separate paper behind your header so that it appears to span the whole page you need to add this in the Html code.

On my original blog design I chose to have the same paper as the bottom layer of my header so it appears to be all one piece. But the header actually floats above it. (I have changed the header background paper so you can see the difference.)

The header itself is just uploaded via Blogger



Here is the whole of the header Html code on my blog=

/* Header
-----------------------------------------------
*/

#header-wrapper {
padding:0 2% 0px;
background: url(https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEizYE75vS1Zkf1nJZ6O5QXKI0S5co2DAnp-nN9OeWe24tWcXzt_NysvexFcLJZQ5JbamlFx318dbt-YDHKSCtOgV5eWowWQGjvHjbsX4vn6mxtcby3XaOKTj1zA5EJH8g9JDHrAA20sPO6N/s660/KPertiet_KraftyElegance-7.jpg);
}

#header {
margin: 5px;
border: 1px solid $bordercolor;
text-align: center;
color:$pagetitlecolor;
}

#header-inner {
background-position: center;
margin-$startSide: auto;
margin-$endSide: auto;
}

#header h1 {
margin:5px 5px 0;
padding:15px 20px .25em;
line-height:1.2em;
text-transform:uppercase;
letter-spacing:.2em;
font: $pagetitlefont;
}

#header a {
color:$pagetitlecolor;
text-decoration:none;
}

#header a:hover {
color:$pagetitlecolor;
}

#header .description {
margin:0 5px 5px;
padding:0 20px 15px;
text-transform:uppercase;
letter-spacing:.2em;
line-height: 1.4em;
font: $descriptionfont;
color: $descriptioncolor;
}

#header img {
margin-$startSide: auto;
margin-$endSide: auto;
}

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Sorry about the small screen shot photo. PhotoBucket is down for maintenance.
=)

kimi kreations said...

lord but that is a good looking background!!! =)

I gave your test blog site out to another of my subscribers that is working with the same template.

I would try a black font and see if it shows better than the white on the blue background.

I will keep working on my header. Right now I seem to be stuck. I am going to leave just my name up for a few days and see if creativity comes along and slaps me in the face.

oh, you will get more comments if you remove the word code. ;)

Sunny Archibald said...

Joanie - Kimi gave me your test blog site; hope you don't mind. It has been of tremendous help. Thanks. I have a question that you might know the answer to. Is there a way to stop the pictures from being clickable? i.e., if you click on a picture in my blog, it goes to the photobucket page, which I really don't want it to do, since the pictures there are the same size? Make sense?